Become a PADI Divemaster in NJ
BECOME A PADI DIVEMASTER IN NEW JERSEY
PADI DIVEMASTER COURSE IN NJ
They say, “If you can choose a job you love, you’ll never have to work for the rest of your life.” And it’s true! If you love scuba diving, why not make a career out of it? Become a PADI Divemaster in NJ and start getting paid to do what you love most!
BECOME A PADI DIVEMASTER IN NEW JERSEY
Training for the PADI Divemaster certification in NJ is conducted mostly at Dutch Springs, PA with the exception of some pool work. The entire PADI Divemaster course in New Jersey is constructed in a way to equip you to become a good, responsible and safe professional scuba diver and not merely an underwater tour guide.
This PADI Divemaster in NJ course teaches you the skills and knowledge necessary to make that transition. You will master your water skills and endurance exercises in both confined and open waters. Your organizational, leadership and problem management skills will be tested by allowing you to participate in practical scuba exercises that will engage you in those areas.
A PADI Divemaster in NJ is able to:
- Lead certified scuba divers
- Assist instructors with students
- Conduct scuba refresher courses
- Work on dive boats anywhere in the world
Becoming a PADI Divemaster in NJ will teach you:
- High level personal scuba diving expertise and skills
- Considerable knowledge in scuba diving theories
- The right training experience in terms of assisting an instructor during scuba training classes or exercises
- Ability to perform other responsibilities that will be beneficial to other scuba divers and the entire scuba diving community
Many scuba instructors say the PADI Divemaster in NJ course was the most fun program, overall, in their entire scuba training. Helping others learn to scuba dive in New Jersey is fulfilling and entertaining at the same time. Not to mention, you’re constantly learning something new and exciting; from every scuba diver and every dive.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DOES THE COURSE INCLUDE?
- Knowledge Development Presentations
- Diving Skills at Demonstration Quality
- Assisting in Confined Water
- Assisting in Open Water
- Risk Management, Emergency Assistance Plan
- Dive Equipment
- Decompression Theory, Dive Table, Wheel
- Dive Skills and Environment
- Divemaster Conducted Programs
- Supervising Certified Divers
- Supervising Students
- Water skills and Stamina
- Rescue Assessment
- Mapping Project
- Equipment Exchange
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be a certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent training from another diver’s training organization)
- 60 logged dives
- Medical clearance from your physician (complete medical form)
- EFR (First Aid and Secondary Care within 24 months) Read about the CPR/EFR Course here
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
The PADI Divemaster in NJ course can run from two weeks to three months. During which time you will learn all the dive leadership principles either via classroom sessions or independent study sessions.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE FEE INCLUDE?
- Tuition fee
- Pool Fees
- Professional tuition
- Counseling and career advice
Students are required to have their own personal equipment: mask, fins, boots, gloves, snorkel, dive bag and a timing device. At the PADI Divemaster level we encourage candidates to have their own equipment.
WHERE CAN I GO FROM HERE?
The role of the scuba instructor is vitally important – instructors are gurus, delivering enlightened and innovative scuba instruction to those wishing to learn to scuba dive in NJ and abroad. People put their trust in you and you teach them to breathe underwater for the first time!
Not quite ready to become an Instructor just yet? Take the Assistant Instructor Course in NJ!
Read about the PADI Assistant Instructor Course here
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED A LITTLE HELP?
To sign up or with questions, please call Scuba Guru at 908-379-8220. Our scuba instructors in NJ will be happy to clarify any scuba questions you have. Thank you for choosing Scuba Guru!